Friday, August 21, 2009

Sandy Hook


So last week, for the first time in my life, I went to a nude beach...

....and I LOVED IT!!!!

My friend Brett took me to Sandy Hook, NJ, and I'm not gonna lie, but it was actually pretty easy to take my clothes off in front of everyone. People were so free and relaxed there that no one really cared what you looked like.

And I thought NYC was diverse! But there were so many DIFFERENT kinds of people at this beach....people who were skinny, fit, overweight, out of shape, hairy, smooth, old, young, saggy, baggy, big, small, etc, etc, etc. But most of all, they were all FRIENDLY! I saw one group of guys having a conversation with each other and joking around and laughing and touching each other as if they were in the middle of Times Square, yet their junk was hanging out! And then I saw a family there with a 2 year old boy who was naked, too! It was just so comforting to see people there of all ages, shapes, and sizes...

But here's what I realized....

Nude beaches are NOT about the nudity. Honestly, I've seen more sex and people hook up through websites and at bars where people usually have clothes on. But nude beaches are about the people. They're about that feeling of freedom, which I feel we have lost as a society lately...

In any case, I recommend that EVERYONE try going to a nude beach at least ONCE in their lifetime. And if you need some encouragement, don't hesitate to ask yours truly... ;)

JD


No comments:

Post a Comment