Friday, August 28, 2009

The Good Son


Wow! I gotta give credit to my roommate, Megan, for making me watch this movie. Who know McCaulay Culkin could be so scary!?

I wouldn't classify this as a horror film, but definitely more of as suspense thriller. And trust me---it was suspenseful! LOL!!!

Without giving anything away, Culkin is just plain evil. He's almost like a skinny Eric Cartman from South Park. Actually, I think the two are EXACTLY alike!

Elijah Wood, of course, is perfect as the "good son," but who I really admired the most is Wendy Crewson. Her role as Culkin's mother was more than genuine and completely motivational. In fact, I thought the entire story had great motivation for each of it's characters, including the "bad son."

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

The only part of the story I didn't like was the end.... I didn't like how Crewson has to make a choice as to which son to save. Clearly, Culkin got what he deserved in the end, but did he really have to die? He couldn't have just ended up in a mental institution? I even wouldn't have minded the set up for a sequel if this was the case, lol. But I just tried to put myself in the same situation as the mother, and I probably would have done my best to save both children. But then again....I really only feel sorry for Culkin because he was only a child. If he had been that evil and closer to my age, I wouldn't have minded his death so much....

I give this movie 1.5 RED BULLS
(as much as I liked the film, I would still need 1 and a half Red Bulls to watch it again, and mostly to help myself from cringing during the freaky Culkin scenes...)

No comments:

Post a Comment