Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Love You, Man


This movie was good....but only good.....

I'm not going to say much about it, but I did laugh, so that's gotta count for something. Honestly, I love Paul Rudd and Jason Segel, but I must admit that I think Paul does better as a secondary character rather than our male lead. I also thought Jason was brilliant in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," but only bland in this movie. Both actors were extremely natural, which I think is key, and I guess in a comedy that's all you need. As long as the jokes are there, which they were.

I should also give Paul and Jason credit for perfectly depicting a typical "straight relationship," simply between two men. As a gay 20-something year old, all I want to do is love another person who just happens to be the same sex as me. So I must thank Paul and Jason for showing us that a gay relationship can be the same thing as a straight "bromance."

I give this movie 1.5 REDBULLS!
(meaning I would need 1 and a half Red Bulls to watch this movie again, and mostly just for the slow parts....)

No comments:

Post a Comment