Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Winning Season


Ok, I'll be honest...the only reason I watched this movie was because I was an extra in the final game of the film. You can hardly see me in one of the scenes (see below), but it was worth catching a glimpse of myself and my dear friend, Christina Cataldo.


(That's me and my friend in the top right hand corner with our heads cropped out, lol)

But in reference to the actual movie, it was very slow and boring. Sam Rockwell is a great actor, but he was so angry through most of the film that I got really annoyed. It was like reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix where Harry comes across as an angry teenager. At first, you think--well, he has a right to be mad!--but after a few chapters, I just want to say, "Enough already!" Same goes for this film--we got that Sam Rockwell's character was a shitty father, husband, coach, you name it! But it went on forever! He didn't learn anything until the very end of the movie, and that bothered me.

Even Rob Corddry--who I find to be HILARIOUS--was NOT used to the best of his comedic abilities.

I will say, I did enjoy the ending. (SPOILER ALERT!!!) I was glad they lost the final game because what really mattered during their "winning season" was what they got out of each other, and those themes always touch my heart. In the end, they all won a little something...

Needless to say, if I had to see this movie again, I would need:

3 RED BULLS!

Let's just hope that they next time a "Winning Season" is made, at least make it a "winning movie"...

No comments:

Post a Comment