Thursday, June 9, 2011

Easy A


I'm sure it's already been said, but Easy A earns itself an A...easily! :)

I had already heard this film was great, but I found it to be more so. First off, let's talk about the all-star cast, shall we? Emma Stone is above brilliant in this film! Her sarcastic humor is so spot on that spot remover has become her worst enemy. Amanda Bynes was also perfect for her goody-twoshoes Christian role that I thought I was saved during the film. And what about the big league celebs? Stanley Tucci, Patricia Clarkson, Malcolm McDowell, Lisa Kudrow, Thomas Haden Church, Fred Armisen...all amazing! This was truly wonderful cast of talented actors that worked so well together, they should make every comedy together from here on out, lol.

The story was also unique to me. Sure, we've all seen films about how much high school sucks, but Emma Stone's Olive gives us a much different taste about high school. I only hope she can inspire our current generation of high schoolers to not care as much about the things they're pressured to care about (girls, boys, sex, love, etc.). If I remember correctly, my favorite times as a high schooler were not when I was chasing down girls or worrying about when I might get laid, but rather playing board games with my friends after school and eating lunch with the other drama kids in the auditorium. I learned more in the halls of my high school than I did in any classroom (except for my senior year Dominant Ideas class....shout out to Mrs. Golden!), but unfortunately, the only lesson I didn't learn was to ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! That's the greatest lesson one can learn, and I felt like Easy A had that exact message...

If I had to watch this movie again, I would rate it:

1 RED BULL!
(In other words, I would need 1 Red Bull to watch this movie again, and that's only to help remind me of the many nights I spent drinking Red Bull during my high school years...)

I recommend that everyone watch this movie if you're in for a good laugh, some fantastic acting on all accounts, but most of all, to simply remember that high school is a "rite of passage," so to speak...a "rite of passage" we ALL live through and that we ALL come out better on the other side! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment