Sunday, June 5, 2011

How To Train Your Dragon


Ok, so I know this movie came out last year, but since I'm playing catch up, I figured I would post about how AMAZING this film is!

First of all, I bought this movie on a whim at one of those "3 DVDs for $20" sales at Blockbuster. And let me tell you, I am SO GLAD I did because it has easily earned it's place in my top 10 films of all time! I've probably watched it AT LEAST 7 times in the last 3 months! That's how good it is!

I'll be honest, the story in this movie is nothing too original. It's about a geeky boy (which is something I can totally relate to) who just wants to fit in and make his father proud. Pretty basic. But what this film has that most other kid's movies don't is "sacrifice." It doesn't haven the perfect fairy tail ending you might expect a movie like this to have, and I like that. Personally, I think true story telling such as this keeps our young minds grounded and practical. On top of that, it's the dragons and characters that keep our minds imaginative!

The score in this entire movie is also phenomenal! It was definitely worthy of the Academy Award it won last year. Now that I've seen this film so many times, I find myself listening to the music more and more each time. I also find myself enjoying it more and more each time I listen to it. Congrats to John Powell on a job well done!

With that being said, I give this movie:

NO RED BULLS!
(In other words, I would not need a single Red Bull in order to watch this movie again!)

So do yourself a favor, and DO NOT go rent this movie....instead, just go out and BUY IT! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment