Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thor


Thor was pretty awesome! I knew it would be. I heard it would be. But sometimes you don't expect certain movies to be what others are saying it is. In the case of Thor, however, I am glad everyone was right....

I, for one, am very excited for next year's release of The Avengers, and although I am a BIG FAN of Robert Downey Jr's portrayal of Tony Stark, Chris Hemsworth's Thor might give RDJ a run for his money! He was a powerful actor chosen to play the typical cocky-boy-learns-his-lesson type of character. And of course, Natalie Portman is--BY FAR--the best female lead for a superhero yet (at least in regards to any of the other Avengers).

But who I really was impressed by was Tom Hiddleston (a.k.a. Loki). I could never tell if what he was doing was for himself, or for his people. He really had me going there for practically the entire movie! Although...SPOILER ALERT!!!....after watching the post-credits scene, I think the Avengers may have found their nemesis....If this is the case, I very much approve! :)

And naturally, I can't go without giving praise to the infamous Anthony Hopkins. He is just one of those actors who embraces each character he touches, giving life to some of the best roles film audiences have seen.

All in all, I give this movie:

1 Red Bull!
(In other words, I would only need 1 Red Bull to see this movie again, mostly for a slow paced plot.)

Now, I guess we wait to see what Captain America has to offer this July....

Until then,

Nerd out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment