Monday, June 29, 2009

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers: revenge of the fallen theatrical one sheet

So I was DYING to see Transformers 2 this weekend, but was a little disappointed in what I saw...

Ok, we all know the action is phenomenal!  Michael Bay is definitely a MASTER at making an action-packed movie.  There's no questioning that...

But what about "story" these days?  Last summer, "The Dark Knight" was so popular because the STORY was captivating!  I only WISH I could say the same for "Revenge of the Fallen."  :(

Literally, the trouble begins when Shia LaBeouf just "happens" to find a piece of the energy cube from the first movie in his old sweatshirt.  Oh really?  Is that the best scenario we could come up with to get the decepticons back on earth?  Was there even a first draft?  Or was what we saw it?

I will admit, the plot got a little better with the legend of "The Fallen," but then it only got worse again when they tried to make Megan Fox look as slutty as girls get, not to mention the fact that they turn a "hot girl" into a machine.  Since when did the Terminator get mixed up with Transformers?  

The movie was also a bit long....and by "a bit" I mean a half hour.  I think the plot had no idea where it was going, which also means it had no idea where to end.  I mean, yes, I go to see action movies for action, but when there are so many fight scenes, most of which that look the same, it's gotta end at some point.  I felt like some of the action was taken away because it happened so often.  Give me a break in between fights, Michael.  I need a breather so that I can ENJOY your next awesome fight sequence.  :)

I will give props to the "comedy" of the script, however.  I remember when "The Mummy" taught us that most action flicks do well when there is humor involved.  Hell, I still quote "Eat floor!" from "Batman Returns."  So I give all the props to Julie White as Sam's mother and John Turturro as EX-agent Simmons.  Both roles are perfectly cast, and they do add a much needed humor to the movie.  Their timing is impeccable, I only hope to see them in the movies more often.  :)

I rate this movie 2 REDBULLS
(meaning I would need 2 full Redbulls to stay awake to watch this film...maybe 3 now that I've already seen it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment