Monday, June 29, 2009

Defiance


This movie was much better than expected.  Don't get my wrong, I LOVE Daniel Craig (huge Bond fan, here), but when I see a trailer for a movie, I expect them all to be the same, if not, very similar.  But "Defiance" was different...

This movie almost reversed the typical roles of the Jews and Germans during WWII.  For once, the Jews fought back for their independence.  And I enjoyed it because this is what this group of people living in the woods had to figure out...do they run and hide to survive?  Or do they fight back if necessary, even if what they're fighting for is exactly what the Germans are doing to them?  The moral of the story is a tough one, but it was extremely well told, and I enjoyed this much different view on the Holocaust....

I give this movie 1.5 REDBULLS
(meaning I would only need 1 and a half Redbulls to stay awake to watch this film...)

No comments:

Post a Comment