Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Next to Normal

next-to-normal-cover
So I saw "Next to Normal" on Broadway tonight....

.....and it was poetically brilliant!  Alice Ripley deserved the Tony for her role as Diana, and she was even so sweet enough to talk to me after the show about how hard it was to go through at first.  My mother has manic depression, so I told her I could relate, but I also commended her for having a smile on her face when she came out to greet her fans.  

I also have to acknowledge Adam Chanler-Berat for his wonderful role as the supportive friend/boyfriend of Natalie.  He was so innocently perfect in so many ways.  

Michael Berry was the understudy on for the role of Dan this evening, and he, too, was fantastic!  If there had been no announcement in the beginning of the program, I would have never noticed it wasn't the original Dan...

Oh, and Kyle Dean Massey who plays Gabe is extremely gorgeous....and he has an amazing voice......and he's hot......and I want to be him......just putting it out there...... ;)

All in all, thank you to the cast and crew of "Next to Normal" for a wonderful production!  The music was superb, and I couldn't have asked for a better evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment