Sunday, October 18, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

http://z.about.com/d/kidstvmovies/1/0/R/P/WTWTA003.jpg

Wow.

I don't even know what to say about this BEUATIFUL film....

So let me start by saying this....

You have a book....with 4 complete sentences in it.....with only about 335 words.....HOW DO YOU MAKE THAT INTO A MOVIE?

Well, Spike Jonze knows how! He took a classic picture book and turned it into a wonderful piece of art.

Without giving too much away (I want everyone to experience this film the way I did....with an open mind....), the story reminded me of my good friend, Robert Sambursky, who died during my senior year of college. It reminded me of the people who come and go in our lives, just like Max came and left in the world of the Wild Things. Furthermore, it reminded me about what we learn from those people, just like what Max learned from the Wild Things and vice versa.

I must also give mad props to Max Records for his AMAZING rendition of Max, the "King" of the Wild Things. This boy was the perfect find! He was so naturally talented, I only hope he can at least be nominated for an Oscar for his role. He deserves it....

The visualization of the movie was also stunning! It was MORE than what I was expecting, and it made me want to LIVE in the world of the Wild Things. And the music was also well done! Congrats to all! :)

I give this movie NO RED BULLS!!!
(meaning I would need NO Red Bulls in order to watch this movie again.)


So I THANK YOU, Spike Jonze, for NOT ruining a beloved children's classic, but turning it into something even more beautiful than the original... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment