Friday, July 31, 2009

Ghost Town

Ghost Town Review

Ok, I love Ricky Gervais, but for some reason, the trailer made this movie look soooooo cheesy, but it was adorable! Teo Leoni is also a personal favorite of mine, as well as Greg Kennear. So I don't know how I thought this was going to be a bad film, lol.

But I particularly loved the message attached to this piece. Of course, Ricky Gervais' character gets roped into helping the dead (or ghosts, in this case) with their unfinished business. And let me tell you, I bawled. I had a best friend who committed suicide during my senior year of college about 3 years back, and I can only wish he would send me some sort of sign to explain as to why he did it. Part of me also wishes I could be like Ricky Gervais in this film and help those in reality cope with death and the loss of their loved ones. I feel that when my friend died, he taught me that death is just another part of life, and this film sort of hit that same feeling for me... :)

Also, big shout out to Kristen Wiig! I LOVE THAT WOMAN!!!! :)

I give this movie only HALF a REDBULL
(meaning I would only need half a Redbull to watch it all over again, lol)

Congrats to putting together a great film, cast and crew of Ghost Town! You truly touched home for me... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment