Thursday, April 9, 2009

KT Sullivan

So tonight, my accompanist for "Nerds Among Us," Jeff Cubeta and I were lucky enough to be guests at KT Sullivan's cabaret in the exquisite Oak Room of the famous Algonquin Hotel. WHAT A SHOW!!! Of course, we were the youngest people in the audience, but MAN! Can that woman sing! Her theme tonight was the music of Dietz and Schwartz, who were Golden Age composer/lyricists, but whether I was around during that generation or not, KT TRULY lets you appreciate them both. I am so glad to have met KT during my days with Cabaret Pittsburgh, along with many others (Elaine Stritch, Tom Wopat, Stephen Schwartz, etc.), but I couldn't be more happier with a better cabaret mentor. KT is at the TOP of the cabaret scene, and she clearly deserves it. And to simply dine in the Oak Room of the Algonquin Hotel....well....I felt like I was rich! Thank you, KT, for a marvolous evening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment