Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An NYC Actor's Right of Passage

So today, I had my SECOND opportunity to do some extra work on the original Law & Order (the show is on it's 19th season!).

Now, on my first shoot, I was in holding for about 5 hours, only on the actual set for 1 of those hours, and I was barely in the shot. I was mostly in the background, and I absolutely HATED the suit I was wearing. I bought it when I was at least 20 pounds heavier, so needless to say, it no longer fits and makes me look fat, lol. :)

But today was a much different experience. Despite the fact that my bus home from Boston got into NYC this morning at 3am, and I had to be up by 7am to get to the Law & Order set for 9am, leaving me extremely exhausted, I actually felt like I EARNED my paycheck today. I got a LOT of face time on set today, and was in and out of holding almost all afternoon. The morning was a little boring, but when there's free food to keep you going, one can't complain. And the costume designer LOVED my outfits. That made me feel special, lol.

So, I had a great time, and I must admit that I like extra work. I get to read, they feed you, you meet new people, etc. Feel free to share your own background/extra stories as they come along for you... :)

JD

No comments:

Post a Comment