Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A "Great" Man Moves On...

Today, the world lost a good man...my Uncle Arthur. I call him my uncle, but he was technically my "great" uncle. Nevertheless, I believe the term of "family" deals with a certain amount of love. I have some friends who I consider to be more like "family" than just good friends. And although most people don't know their "great" uncles or aunts or grandparents, my Uncle Arthur was more of a grandfather to me than an uncle. My father told me today that he knew me better than he did his own children, and that means a lot.


My brother had a mini golf competition going on with this man, and what I loved so much was that my Uncle Arthur was 80 years old, yet that never stopped him. He was so energetic, and he was everything I want to be when I turn 80 years old. I just admired him so much, and I already miss him so much...

I know he is in a better place--I have no doubt about that--I just hope I get to see him again some day...

...and play mini golf... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment