Thursday, April 23, 2009

Guys with Guts...

So the other day, I was in a Starbucks, talking to a friend of mine. And when I left, my friend stayed behind, but apparently something interesting happened....

While my friend was on the phone, a gentleman (and from the way he was described, I MEAN gentleman) came up to her and handed her a napkin. On the napkin, in perfect handwriting, was written the following:

"Hey, sorry to bother you, but who was that guy you were talking to? He was PRECIOUS? Is he gay?"

Ha! He had to ask.... (that's why I called him a gentleman...)

So when my friend got off the phone, and she told him that I was, and he offered to give her his info to pass along to me. Of course, my friend accepted, but she was so overjoyed by his politeness and that fact that HE offered to give HIS information. He didn't ask her for MY information, because honestly, she said she probably wouldn't have given it up in case whoever it was asking for my info turned out to be a creep. But this guy was the opposite, and he offered his info, like any true gentleman would.

Then, of course, she passed along the info to me and here I am telling the world. But why I wanted to blog about this tonight was because I admire my gentleman caller. Not many guys have the guts to do something like that anymore. I mean, not to sound cocky or anything, but I see guys eye fondle me all the time on the subway, but no one EVER come up to me to say, "Hi." Is a simple "Hello" too much to ask for these days? One never knows who they're going to meet and where, so why not always be open and friendly.

Live in the moment. Not in the future. Not in the past. The future will come. And the past is done. Change is already here.

I'll keep you posted about the guy... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment