Saturday, May 30, 2009

Matt's Wedding

So last weekend was Memorial Day weekend, and it was probably one of the best weekends of my life.  One of my best friends from FIRST GRADE got married to his high school sweetheart.  Of course, I was in the wedding party, along with the rest of my guy friends who I met in elementary school, and I think we all agreed that it was so good seeing one another....
Eric (he's the tall one in the back) just got back from New Zealand, so most of us hadn't seen him in a year.  Tom (also in the back) and Will (he's the hairy jew on the side whom we also call by his last name, Shulik) live together in Boston, but I live in NYC, so I never see them.  And Steve (the cowboy...) lives with his fiance somewhere else in Massachusetts, so it's so hard for all of us to come together these days.  But despite the fact that we barely see each other and most of us haven't changed a bit since first grade, you could tell our friendships are still as strong as they were almost 20 years ago.  And that makes me happy....

I just want to finish by saying that I KNOW how lucky I am to have friends like this...  Not many people can say they have friends they still keep in touch with from when they were only about 6 years old, so I thank ALL these guys!  They were there for me during a time when I needed them the most, and I will never forget that.  I just hope one day I can return the favor....even if Eric DID hit me on the back of the head with a hammer....

....good times..... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment