Saturday, May 16, 2009

Boys...

So it's been over a year since my last serious relationship, and I think I FINALLY met someone who is actually WORTH trying with...

He is the most amazing person!  So sweet.  Cute.  Punkish.  Adorable.  Sensitive.  Likes to laugh, and he pokes me all the time, like he wants to tickle me.  Can you tell I'm falling fast?  ;)

The only problem is that he is just getting out of a bad relationship.  I think he was madly in love with this boy, the same way I was madly in love with my ex.  The question is...do I pursue a relationship with this boy KNOWING that it might take some time for him to trust me (or any other guy for that matter)?  My gut tells me this boy is worth it.  But, of course, my heart doesn't want to get hurt again...

But his situation made me realize something about my own...if we didn't get hurt in the end, I think it means that we didn't care in the first place.  If my ex didn't fuck me up the way he did, that whole year and a half we were together would have meant nothing and would have been a complete waste of my time.  But that fact that it DID hurt so much in the end, meant it was real, and that, to me, is worth it...

I think I'm gonna go for it with this new boy...and if I get hurt, it's my own fault, but at least it feels good to love again....I forgot what this feeling felt like.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment